Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Survived.

Hello!!! I survived my first week!! Ok, it was technically only half a week. But I lived to tell about it!

Tuesday was a meeting with the clinical instructor going over logistics of the semester. A little overwhelming, but nothing the other student teachers and I can't handle! Wednesday was the first day of school. It was so great to be back in the same classroom that I was in last semester. I sure missed those kiddos! It was so nice getting lots of hugs when they saw me Wednesday morning! The morning was familiar to me since that's all I saw last semester. The afternoon was fun to see because it was all about math, my favorite subject. :) I was able to lead a reading group Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. It was nice to already be thrown into teaching a little bit. Next week, I get to run Daily Language at the beginning of the day, reading groups every day, and a math and science lesson on Wednesday.

I can already tell this semester is going to be filled with lots of challenges! Passing notes, tattling, and drama among girls seem to be the trends already.  Also, talking with British accents are popular among the third graders. Funny for the first ten minutes, a little annoying for the other 7.5 hours of the day.

I need to start writing down the funny things the kids say. I seemed to always be laughing at things that they said, but when I sat down to write this post, those funny things magically disappeared from my mind. Hmph. I will work on that for next week.

I think the most exciting part of my week happened outside of school. I was watching the Cotton Bowl (proud of my Wildcats even though they lost) at Tubby's, and all of a sudden a table of guys started punching each other! Lord only knows the trivial thing they were drunkenly fighting about, but it turned into a full out BRAWL!! It was so crazy and weird- I had never seen a fight before in my life. I guess I lead a sheltered life? I did have a nice front row seat to the action. Needless to say, they got kicked out. So yea, that was pretty exciting.

Hope everyone had a great week!!

Miss Wallisch

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I totally laughed out loud at the British accent thing! Glad you had a good first week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brothers never fought? Really?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I STILL laugh at my kids when I'm trying to be serious and talk sternly to them! I also student taught 3rd grade and only left for 1 yr (for a brief yr in 2nd) and now I'm back in my home of 3rd! I LOVE 3rd grade and this age :) If you need ANYTHING don't hesitate to ask. If you give me your email I'll send you a Student Teaching present of my Reading Comprehension posters

    Twins, Teaching and Tacos.

    ReplyDelete